Monday, August 22, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

I got to meet a bunch of Dominic's family this weekend! It was his grandfather's 80th birthday and I was lucky enough to be invited to the momentous occasion. I had met Dominic's dad a few times before but had only briefly met his sister and mom so I was really excited to be invited to a family event after nearly a year of us dating. It was sort of overwhelming as there were about 50 people there and so I only briefly got to meet a lot of his aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents. And this was just his dad's side of the family! But everyone was super friendly and I was really just happy to get to hear a few stories about young Dominic. Apparently he's an amazing artist. Guess I'll have to track down some of his old drawings and see. 

Then, Friday night, I went to see a horrible movie called "Hellride" because Ultimatum's (Dominic and his friends production company) short film "Stump" was opening for it. Anyways, "Hellride" was so bad it put me in an awful mood and I was bitchy for the rest of the night because of it. Not a great way to end an otherwise nice evening but I just have so much trouble controlling my emotions sometimes. I hate it.

Saturday night I got to go out with my friend Christi who was visiting from Boulder. She's the first friend I made in New Mexico. We had a good time hopping around downtown and getting drunk as skunks. Her and Dominc's roommate were like two peas in a pod they are so much alike but I have no evidence of the budding friendship because Christi erased all the pictures I took of them off my camera! Grr. Anyways it was a fun night and the first night I've gone out drinking in a while. Which, unfortunately made me skip yoga and get McDonald's breakfast instead the next morning but oh well. You gotta live a little sometimes right?

Me and Christi at a film fest after party.


Later this week, my cousin Melissa, her daughter and my Aunt Patty are coming to visit from Washington. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Okay first how fun to go to a film fest and second, I'm so the same way about my emotions. :(

    ReplyDelete