Friday, August 19, 2011

A Welcome Vacation and a Short Week

Good morning! I'm just wrapping up my three day work week (if only they could all be three days!) and realized I hadn't given my vacation update. I had five glorious days off of work and it was so lovely. I kicked off the 5 day weekend by heading up to Colorado Springs to visit Courtney and Vinny. I was a little bummed that I couldn't convince Dominic to head up with me but the drive wasn't too bad solo and it allowed for me to get better caught up with Courtney anyhow.

We started the weekend off by going out to a nice little French Bistro near Courtney and Vinny's homestead. The food was amazing but the music they played at this place was god awful. I seriously felt like I was in an 80's movie (and not an awesome teen, John Hughes 80's movie). Our server was also a bit off the wall but I liked her. We brought our own bottle of wine, which I didn't even know you could do! And the waitress decided to read aloud the back of the bottle to us while we sat awkwardly, waiting for her to just open the dang bottle. After dinner we chilled at the house and played a very fun game that I'd highly recommend for a large group of close friends called Imaginiff. I think I may just have to purchase my own.

Nearly full moon over Courtney's house.

Garden of the Gods

Courtney at Garden of the Gods

Funny smiling walker.

Open space behind Courtney and Vinny's house

Crazy limo!

Saturday we woke up bright and early to do yoga in the park in Manitou Springs. I enjoyed my first outdoor yoga experience but it was a full moon that day so our yoga instructor kept it light. Courtney and I went from there to breakfast and then to check out Garden of the Gods. It was really beautiful! We then wandered around downtown Colorado Springs for a bit before filling the rest of our evening with movies. Go see Bridesmaid's if you haven't yet! It's the funniest movie I've seen in a while. Both Courtney and I had tears in our eyes we laughed so hard. Sunday, I got up and drove home. It was a really great trip and so nice to see Courtney! I miss her like crazy but am happy to have a nice new place to visit.


Following the Colorado trip, I took a couple extra days off work just to chill since it's our down time right now. Things kick back into high gear in September here at work. Monday, I visited me niece, Anabelle and she was a lot more alert this time, which was great. She is so frackin' cute!

Bro and smiling baby : ).

Tuesday I went and got a massage and an ionic detoxifying foot bath. The massage was amazing as they always are. They always make me realize how effed up parts of my body are though cause you can just tell where you're really tight and they have to work extra hard to get the kinks out. The right side of my neck was really bad. Even though I healed up fine from the accident last year, it's a reminder that I will always have neck problems because of it. Lucky for me it's very minor.

Now I'm just looking forward to the weekend. Only 7 more hours til it begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment