Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Weekend Update

So it seems that I've resorted to only writing blogs about my weekends since I rarely do anything exciting during the week. Family from Washington was visiting from out of town this weekend so I got to take my cousin, Melissa, out on the town Friday night. I feel like I didn't really give her a great view of Albuquerque night life since we just went downtown but I didn't want to go to Nob Hill and chance douchebagery so we went to Blackbird (it was dead and smelly on the patio - I've noticed this sometimes there) and then over to Anodyne, which is always a smart choice. There was actually a line to get in there! It was only like three people waiting but I was still shocked and said as much to the guy at the door. He spewed some mumbo jumbo about wanting everyone to have easy access to the bar so I assume they must have gotten in trouble recently for being over capacity. When we made it upstairs, it was a full bar but by no means overcrowded. We had a beer there and ran into some friends of mine, so it was cool she got to meet some nice Albuquerque people. We had taken a cab to the bar and took one home after that. It was nice to get some one on one time with my cousin, since we rarely get to hang out like that.

Saturday my aunt and uncle in Placitas had everyone over for a BBQ and pool day. It was just as wonderful as it sounds. Sunday we took our, what is now becoming an annual event after two consecutive years, family day at the zoo. It was so hot we were roasting and Melissa's poor two year old, Serena, was drenched in sweat. I can't even imagine how baby Anabelle was feeling in her stroller all covered up! All in all, it was a pretty good weekend and I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my Washingtonian relatives.


Baby's first day at the zoo.

I am looking forward to a long Labor Day weekend. My boss is awesome and already said we can leave at noon on Friday so that makes three and a half whole days off and I can't wait! No big plans just yet. I want to hit up the wine festival since I haven't been to the Bernalillo one in years. I also, gulp, need to do some yard work and stuff around the house. Unfortunately it is well over do. I can't wait to tell you about mowing my lawn and steam mopping my floors next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment