Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Work Senora

Good morning! This week/month is a bit crazy for me work-wise so I thought I'd squeeze in a post while I actually have a few minutes of down time. Our Core program begins in Santa Fe this week and I'm excited to meet the new class and see what the ropes course they have to do is all about. Especially since we're doing a staff retreat next Friday and I'll have to do some ropes coursing of my own! At least I get a preview of what's to come, unlike the other staff in the office.

Then, at the end of the month our Connect program starts. I'm especially excited for this group because:
1. It's my age group (25-40 year olds)
2. This will be my first time working with them and new is always good
3. I have an awesome Chair and Vice-Chair to work with, Jose and Rivkela, yay!

I also have family visiting from Washington at the end of the month and of course Greekfest and the Balloon Fiesta to look forward to. I'm glad that at the end of all the madness I'll get to have some fun and relaxation with family. Also, I booked a trip to go visit my mom in Louisiana next month! I'm super excited to check out New Orleans, some old school cemeteries and mansions, and maybe head on over to Mississippi for a bit since the town she's in is practically on the border. 

This past weekend I caught a cool improv show at The Box that one of my friends is in and also went to a pretty fun backyard birthday movie watching party. This woman had rented a screen and a popcorn machine and a bunch of us watched "Sixteen Candles" and "Pulp Fiction" in the backyard while drinking Marble beer and snacking on candy...doesn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

  1. Did your Mom move? Sounds like you are having a pretty amazing summer! I am so looking forward to fall, like most people in the Southwest I am sure. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete