Thursday, December 27, 2012

The End Came and Went and a New Year Begins

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and got to spend some quality time with their friends and family. Mine was a whirlwind for sure and now it's back to work for a few days before another long weekend. We had the end of the world party last Friday night and rang it in by singing "It's the end of the world as we know it..." at the top of our lungs, followed by a lot of dancing. The next day Dominic arrived and he's here for a little over two weeks! It's already flying by and I'm dreading another month without him. But that's it. Just one more month (at least until we find out what he's working on next).

Holiday's with the family were good. The baby is old enough now to enjoy getting presents so it was fun to watch her open them. I got a lot of great gifts but am most excited that Dominic got me a new bike!! My old bike was in bad shape and the gears didn't work so whenever we'd go for a ride, I'd always be lagging behind. I even resorted to walking my stupid bike when I got so frustrated with it the last time I rode it. Now I will actually enjoy riding again, yay! I'm hoping to give it a test ride tomorrow afternoon if I can bear the cold. 

Tonight I have the annual holiday potluck with the girls: Jamie, Courtney and Allie. I can't wait to catch up over drinks and great food. With Courtney and Allie in other cities and not getting to see Jamie as much as I'd like these days, it's always fun when we can all get together.

This weekend brings a Monster Paws show at Sister Bar, drinks at my bosses new house, and then a New Year's Eve dance party. Speaking of dancing, a few of my classmates at massage school had a double birthday party at Effex a few weeks back and it was so much fun! Everyone from our class came out, which never happens and it was just wonderful to cut loose and dance our asses off after all the hard work we've been doing in school. I feel pretty fortunate to have these new friends in my life.

So as the new year approaches, I'm still on my path to becoming a healthier and happier person. I wouldn't really call them resolutions but I guess you could say my goals for 2013 are: to become a working and  Licensed Massage Therapist (Alison Todd, LMT#?), see as much live music as possible, maybe have another kick ass 4th of July vacation (though Moab will be tough to beat), read 13 new books and review them on this blog (I joined this Cannonball Reading challenge today for motivation because I probably have at least this many unread books at my house at this very moment: Pajiba Cannonball Read Challenge), work towards replacing chemicals that I ingest and use in my home with natural alternatives, and continue to challenge myself to eat well, exercise as often as possible and learn as much as I can about bodywork and healing. 

So many of my loves in this picture: Dominic, Moab, nature, hiking and sun!
    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment