Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Homeopathic Tendencies

We just finished learning about Homeopathy after two grueling Saturday classes. I found it very interesting and am excited to try some of the remedies, though I just got over being really sick a few weeks ago so I guess I'll have to wait until something comes up again. But for those of you who may be new to Homeopathy, let me explain it a little bit.

Allopathy, otherwise known as "modern medicine" treats illness through the law of opposites. So if you have a runny nose and watery eyes for instance, then you are going to take something that dries you up. Homeopathy, on the otherhand, treats like with like. So for that same runny nose and watery eyes, you are going to take something that produces those same symptoms. The treatment would be Allium Cepa, which is a remedy created from an onion. There have been provings on many of these remedies that they do indeed work. The only issue really is finding the right remedy for yourself based on your symptoms, as some of the remedies treat similar symptoms.


If you're interested in trying homeopathic remedies in the future, please give me a call or shoot me an email and I can help figure out which ones might be good to try. I have a handy little book from school and am planning on getting a few more as I like the idea behind homeopathy and that there aren't any side affects to taking the remedies like there are with allopathic medicine. The theories about why homeopathy isn't as widespread as modern day medicine, even though it's as old and it's proven, are also quite interesting and mainly have to do with the fact that there's not as much money to be made because the remedies are fairly cheap and don't require a prescription due to their lack of side affects, shocking.

Anyways, I'll leave you with the remedy for hangovers, as I'm sure that will come in handy for most of you out there at some point: Nux Vomica. You can buy homeopathic remedies at the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics Student Clinic and Store (and visit me for a massage while you're there!), and also at most health food stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment