Friday, April 6, 2012

What did you give up for Lent?

Absolutely nothing. In fact, I have been gorging myself silly the past few weeks/months and realized the other day that, since the beginning of this year (just 3 months people), I've managed to gain about 10 pounds. Yikes. My metabolism has definitely started to catch up with me in the last few years and it's getting harder to lose the weight once I gain it. I've also had trouble getting motivated to get fit but I think now that the sun is shining and it's getting warm in New Mexico, I'll be able to get off my butt and start getting ready for swimsuit season. It's funny how the sun really does affect your mood. I don't know how I ever lived in a cloudy, gloomy state for so much of my life.

In other news, I figured after such a long break from my blog, it was time for a redesign and a more positive name. Since I start school for massage therapy in less then a month now and I'll be writing about my experiences while in school and all the stuff I'm learning, I thought "Finding Bliss..." was better than "Ranting in..." as a way to describe this new journey in my life.

I just got back from a trip to Atlanta to visit my cousin, Chris. It was so much fun! I really like Atlanta. We did a short hike at Stone Mountain, saw the Georgia Aquarium (best aquarium I've been to yet), and wandered around downtown a bit. It was great to just get to spend some time with my cousin whom I hadn't seen in about a year or so. This weekend, Courtney will be in town and there's lots going on: a party tonight, housewarming party for Jamie and Saul tomorrow, and a Sunday Easter Brunch. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment