Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family, Friends and a Thanksgiving Feast!

Good morning! I just can't seem to stop slacking on these posts so I'm not going to apologize for it anymore, haha. I'll post when I can post.

Anyways, it's been a whirlwind since September here at work and I am so happy to have a bit of a break in the planning and travel. My next session isn't until January 5th, in Cruces again, and I have it planned for the most part so I am happy to say I get to "relax" a bit over the holiday season. And it has already begun!

My bestest bud ever, Courtney, is in town for a whole week and I got to hang out with her for the first time last night since I went to visit her in August. Wowee, that is a long time! I really need to plan more visits up to the Springs since it's so close. Anyways, it was a chill hang out last night with me, her and Allie but tomorrow I get to hang with her for most of the day so I'm looking forward to it. And I need to get some pictures when she is in town. I was looking through my facebook pictures (since I am at work and don't have access to my iphoto pics) and I have so few new photos of her on there. But here are a few oldies but goodies that feature my other best buds, Jamie and Allie.

A great Strobel Sisters pic from Courtney's Bachelorette.

Christmas last year.

Oh how I miss our game nights.
I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have decided it's my favorite holiday in that it's all about eating and hanging out with friends and family. What more could you ask for? And as much as I love presents, buying them for people totally stresses me out. I really try hard to be somewhat creative with my gift giving and it requires a lot of planning ahead and stuff. I haven't even begun to think about this year yet. I feel like I have had a lot on my mind lately just thinking about my future.

I am going through a bit of a quarter life crisis at the moment and feel somewhat at a crossroads. Although I am pretty much the happiest I've ever been in my life and my relationships, as I approach 30, I can't help but think about the future and what it is I want and whether I'm on the right path to get there. I realize this is all very vague but this is the world wide web after all. As I sort things out though, you'll hear more I am sure.

Other than the above mentioned crisis (which I am sure is really just me doing my usual over-analyzing/over-thinking), things are going along swimmingly. I golfed for the first time ever in Las Cruces last week and it didn't go as terrible as I had feared. We had this cute, but I'm sure vicious, coyote following us all over the course.

Saw a roadrunner too and couldn't help but chuckle.
I definitely dig the being outside in the sun all day and drinking beers aspect of golfing. Maybe if I can improve my game a bit I'll start going out with my folks every once in a while. They would be so psyched. We also got to visit White Sands Missile Range and tour Sapphire Energy while in Cruces. Sapphire Energy is a really cool company that is working to create fuel out of algae. The process takes a while but it is great to see how these alternative energy and fuel sources work.

Well, I have about 7 more hours of work to go and I'm sure it's going to drag, drag, drag. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment